Hello everyone! Happy holidays, belatedly!
Sorry for the long lapse in blogging. I am a retail backroom coordinator, and I’ve been working lots of extra hours and unusual shifts. Now that we’ve made it through Christmas and inventory, I’ll be able to devote more time to the blog. I’m looking forward to getting a lot accomplished in 2018.
My 2018 blogging and reading resolutions are:
- Read and review at least 75 books. (This is my Goodreads challenge, which I think is attainable.)
- Make at least 5 posts per week. If I have to, I’ll schedule them in advance to make sure I do it.
- Update all of my existing Goodreads and Amazon reviews.
- Move over all the content from the old blog.
- Visit and post to at least 10 other blogs per week.
- Catch up on all the reviews I need to write. In the last few months, I’ve read probably 25 books that I didn’t write the reviews for yet.
- Reduce my Netgalley TBR by at least half. This might mean DNFing some of the ones I haven’t been able to get through.
Personally, I have some other resolutions:
- Find a higher paying job.
- Publish at least one novel.
- Clean out my nightmare of a garage, which has become a giant dumping zone for everything we don’t know what to do with.
- Get in a financial position where I am not behind on my mortgage or utilities.
- Get all vehicles repaired, registered, etc..
- Take care of all dental, medical, and vision needs for my family.
Of course, many of these require money I don’t have, which means I better start looking for that higher paying job! Perhaps my financial goals are too lofty, but I’m going to be hopeful. I’m tired of not being able to do basic things like get my car fixed or get my daughter glasses. Something has to change, fast!
I’m not signing up for any reading challenges other than Goodreads because I’m trying to keep my goals reachable this year. Every year, I say I’m going to do a lot of things, but never end up doing half of them.
Edit: I caved! I’m going to join in some challenges. I decided to pick some that will fit with other things I already have in mind. It was too hard to resist joining in!
Do you have any goals or resolutions for 2018? I’d love to hear from you in the comments.